Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Tough times at our house but the goldfish is living like a king

Things are a little tough at our house with the high gas prices, high heating bills, etc, etc. The fact is that I eat tuna fish sandwiches most every night. We used to be able to afford an onion to slice into the tuna, until we got a betta (goldfish). Now the wife has gone crazy. First, she bought him 2 extra bowls, next a "heater" to stick in his bowl (never mind that our thermostat is set on 62 degrees and I am freezing most of the time). Next, she bought him 4 plants to stick in his bowl, a sunken boat, a christmas tree with lights and a stocking for christmas, extra food (worms) and snacks (little crabs). She has bought him special salt to add to his water, a water acid tester, etc, etc. I think you get the picture.

In the evening (about 7:30) after a hard day at work, I have to turn off the kitchen lights (where his bowl is) and walk around quietly in the dark so he can "sleep". This fish (and my wife) are killing me.

5 comments:

Seeker said...

You mean she didn't buy him a little wife fishy yet? Then he'd have something to complain about...

Jim said...

Are you going to write something for January?
You are doing good. Maybe you don't keep your little wife busy enough. Dad
..

Mitch said...

Seeker - the fish is making things a little hard on me but I would never wish a wife on him, things must be bad enough trapped in his little bowl.

Dad - I will continue to post but only once or twice a week. As for the wife, things will begin to get busy for her on their own. She starts her internship at Fox this week and hopes to graduate this May. Then it is off to the salt mines everyday so maybe I can retire. You can put my link on your blog links if you want.

Anonymous said...

YOUR FUCT! YOU LET YOUR WIFE GET AWAY WITH SHIT LIKE THAT! WHAT A WASTE! EAT THE FISH DRINK THE WATER IN THE BOWL SAVE A FEW BUCKS!

Anonymous said...

You are lucky.
My wife's got 2 fish.....and a puppy. I think I'll leave her if she gets another fish.